After almost 5 months of finding the courage to wake up for my everyday 7 am classes, finally, the second semester is coming to and end.
Not that I’m happy about it, but somehow I find it difficult to be happy because I think I enjoyed this sem a lot! Of course it has been a very, very exhausting semester because of (prods!!!!!) but still, I didn’t feel any stress at all (lol no).
Here is a run-down of my 2nd semester (in bullets because I’m no good in using transition words lol)
1. Broadcasting 101. On our first day of classes, our instructor was already insisting that February 15 is the dropping date for all subjects. I’m gonna miss this subject so much because of the productions, ‘zapzone wake up please we need to print our script for our 7 am classes’ memories, never-ending meets, script, boardworks, solo boardworks, radio experience, campus radio tour, DZUP Baguio launch for CAC week, name it, I guess 70% of acads stress came from this subject. I’m going to miss this subject so much, heck!! I’ll miss my classmates, my very very witty radio dj turned instructor, and my very own talo kayo production team groupmates. Made me love broadcasting so much. Thank God it’s my minor!
2. Fil 30. There never was a day that I didn’t laugh because of my instructor’s funny antics. I learned so much from this subject! Thank God Sir Io still accepted me because I just TP-ed for this. I loved every lecture and I just hope we could extend, or if not maybe I could have Sir Io as my instructor every day 5ever (lol clingy) I learned so much, really, from movies, to theater plays, to not so good theater plays (wink), to advertisements, everything pop, et cetera. This subject has been a very great stress reliever for me.
3. Burnham nights. I’m too blessed to study here in Baguio because I have the famous Burnham park within my reach. Sometimes, during my sentimental mode days, I just walk along session road and buy myself a frappe or a milk shake and walk my way to Burnham, sit and watch the sunset, watch those kids who do carolling even if it’s February already, talk to a friend, tell her about my disappointments and problems in life, then go home. Just an ordinary walk in the park makes a day satisfying.
4. The one who must not be mentioned. Even though you have disappointed me a million times this semester, still, you keep me inspired. Thank you for keeping me company through the interwebz and keeping up with my insanity. I became instantly happier and I didn’t know I could still be happier with this set-up. Thank you for existing in my life this year. I know we’re in a ‘can’t explain the status’ set-up, but please bear with me first or if not, just leave and don’t come back. Oops.
5. Roomies. This suddenly made me sad because after a couple of hours, my long-time roommate Ate Pong, is going home already. She’s going to Manila for her check-up and I might not be able to attend her graduation day because summer school sucks. God I’m going to miss her so much, she’s one of the kindest person I know. Ate Aina’s staying longer but I’m gonna miss her too as well as Ate Abi. 3 of my roommates are graduating this April and I can’t bear the thought of them not being my roommates anymore (huhu). Yes, I hate goodbyes so much that in any minute now, I might burst into tears.
6. Papers. I’ve never used my brain so much to think of appropriate words to use in my paper that I think my brain started to vomit oxygen because nothing IS EVER RUNNING THROUGH MY MIND EVERYTIME I DO MY PAPERS. This is also called Tin’s disease. RF: Did you know that I can only work and focus if I use Microsoft Word? Technology-dependent blogger here. Not gonna miss them.
7. NSTP. My experience during NSTP is also a wonderful yet time-consuming, wallet-demanding activity which taught me how to deal with other people. It has taught me to be more sensitive. It has taught me the real life– life is a matter of survival. We worked in DSWD CAR for our NSTP and hats off to the clients we taught to every Sundays, they’re very, very strong to face those challenges! I learned to value life and friendship there. I missed them so much.
8. New found friends! It was my first time to be classmates with my CAC batchmates this semester and I’m glad I found new friends: Cass, Yani, Pau, April, Kash, Koko, Sheena, Shiela, Jam!, and a lot more. It was nice to befriend them, since we all exist in the same college, and they’re really nice. Weird that I have more Speech majors friends than Journ friends. Nonetheless, I loved their company!
9. The Library. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, (BUT PLEASE DO) I WILL BE MISSING THE LIBRARY… FOR A WHILE. Yes it has kept me company during my vacants and it taught me to value the printed word as well. I never had a favorite spot for this semester because it’s always either occupied or people too noisy are just two tables away from me and I can’t concentrate while I use facebook mobile HEHEHE. Also I’m going to miss the multipurpose hall and the discussion room where noisy people like me are supposed to kept inside. I have been reprimanded many times by the strict manong in the library but it always is not my fault. It’s either the people beside my table or my friends. Srsly I’m explaining
Actually, I have a lot to miss this 2nd semester but I’m too sleepy to list them all out. Maybe in time I’m going to blog them for part two, but did you know that I prioritized this over my exams and papers? Yeah, you read it right. I’m a full-time blogger, I guess.