Aside from exercising your ass out in bed with the laptop in front of you and your other hand grabbing some potato chips, why not try these ten tips to make your summer more memorable?
Pardon my nonexistent photoshop skills, but I think it’s time for us to make a change in our lives especially that we’re getting older; no one wants a lame life flashback when everything ends, do you? Here are some of my lame explanations for the typography I just confessed I made for you guys:
1. Exercise! A little stretching and jogging won’t hurt, right? Why not take 15 minutes of your oh so precious life and take time to stretch those limbs up! Aside from the fact that it’s free (unless you would want to enroll on fitness training whatever you call them), it would make you healthy! Trust me, I’m an engineer! (wait, wut?)
2. Read. Nah, you don’t have to read a 35,647-page novel and just end up dying! Everything is a must-read, I tell you. Those advertisements on the streets? Read up and see what you might find out. Newspapers, books, bible, and even leaflets can help enhance your critical thinking skills (that is if there are).
3. SLEEP. Now’s the time to take a good zzzzzz from all those sleepless nights you had because of studying (really?) last semester. Sleep early, no one would even bother to call you up late at night to hang out, I’m pretty sure.
4. Vote! Aside from exercising your limbs, exercise your right to vote! Make sure you’re at least 18 years of age and are registered into your local barangays for you to vote. Vote for someone deserving, stop voting the corrupt politician, it will help you and your community as well.
5. Laugh! This is the easiest way to be happy this summer. Let that smile radiate from your body and inspire others to smile too! Read a good joke book. Watch a comedy movie. Look at your face in the mirror. See? You just laughed!
6. Inspire. Inspire others to do good deeds this summer! Going to church? Why don’t you ask your friends or family to join you? Want to join a fun run? Bring your classmates along! Tag someone along with the good deeds you want to do and you’ll both enjoy life. Again, trust me, I’m an engineer.
7. Spend. And when I say spend, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to withdraw from your atm card for you to shop. Well maybe you can, but spend time, not money. Spend time with your old friends, catch up on each others lives! Spend time with your sibs and parents, these things make good memories for you to remember some time in the future.
8. Love. Love is in the air this summer for most people, why not join the bandwagon? Don’t have a partner? Love your dog instead! Don’t have a dog? Love your fish instead! Don’t have a fish? Love the ants instead! If all else fails and ants don’t appear in front of you for you to love them, then love yourself instead! There’s plenty of reasons to love, after all. 🙂
9. Eat! Aside from junk foods, why not try eating fruits? Local delicacies? Never tasted a particular dish before? Now’s the time to try it! Who knows, it might be one of the best food you have ever tasted in your life. Om nom nom nom your way to a healthy lifestyle!
10. Try. 😉 Try to break those bad habits you’ve been doing for some years now! Try doing something new, dare to be different! 🙂 Try another hairstyle, if you don’t like it, bald would be a good idea! Try bungee jumping, snorkeling, going on for an adventure, travelling! There’s so much more life’s got to offer you!
These ten tips are just simple things that would help you be a great person and would help you satisfy the pleasure you wanted. Make sure to enjoy while doing these things! 🙂